100_3844UPDATE:  The winner is Elizabeth [email protected]  Congratulations!

World Vision is an organization dedicated to helping others, both in other countries and in the United States.  An impressive 86% of the funds World Vision raises go directly to their charity work.  The remaining 14% is used for administrative and cost of business expenses.  I have researched a few other charities, and this is the highest percentage I have seen thus far.  (Both Compassion and Child Fund use 80% of the funds for their charity work.)

We were so impressed with World Vision that this year we decided to sponsor a child through the site.  We are now sponsoring a boy in Africa my son’s age.

One way that World Vision gets out the word about their good work is through blog giveaways and reviews.  I had the opportunity to review the Artisan Beaded Necklace a few weeks ago, and just recently, we had the opportunity to review the Fair Trade Coffee Set.

This set comes with a pound of coffee with beans from Ethiopia, Sumatra, and Costa Rica.  It comes beautifully packed in a gift bag of African fabric that is hand sewn.  Also included is a wooden, hand carved, olivewood scooping spoon.  This set retails for $50, and of that, $38 goes to World Vision.

We enjoyed the mild flavor of this coffee.  This blend also works well as an espresso, though we have not yet tried it this way.

If you would like to give a gift through World Vision this year that will enrich someone’s life, you have two options.

1.  You can go to the World Vision site and choose to give.  You can sponsor a child for $35 a month, or you can choose to make a one time donation.  Donations are available in a variety of prices.  For instance, you can donate $16 to feed one hungry family in the United States for one day.  Alternatively, you can choose to donate $25 to buy a family a share of a donkey to help them transport items.  There are gifts that are available in all price ranges, from under $25 to several thousand dollars.  The choice is yours.

2.  Alternatively, you can buy a gift that gives back.  World Vision offers a select number of gifts such as the Fair Trade Coffee Set.  Purchase one, and a portion of the purchase price is used to help World Vision with their charity work.  There are several different gifts to choose from.

The Giveaway

World Vision is giving one lucky Mom’s Plans readers a Fair Trade Coffee Set.  To enter, simply leave a comment stating who you would like to give this set to.

For additional information, visit World Vision’s Pinterest page.

This giveaway, which is open to U.S. residents only, will end on January 6th at 11:59 p.m. CST.  The winner will be chosen via random.org.

I received one Fair Trade Coffee Set for review purposes.  No other compensation was given.  All opinions are my own.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...