We’re into our 5th week of homeschooling, and though every day is crazy busy, we’re falling into a nice routine. This makes it a lot easier to meet some goals. Here’s how I did, and what I plan to accomplish this week:
Last Week’s Goals
Here’s what I set out to accomplish last week:
- Spend two hours listing items around the house to sell. Accomplished. (Now I just need to wait for the sales; I’ve had some nibbles on the items I’ve listed, but no takers yet.)
- Get back to a lawyer about setting up our will and trust Not Accomplished. I think for the time being we’ll be creating one on our own with the help of a kit, and then we’ll get it professionally done when money isn’t so tight.
- Finish organizing our homeschool area and write the blog post Not accomplished. The area is organized, but I haven’t blogged about it yet.
- Read at least 3 books to the girls a day Accomplished
- Do at least 15 minutes of ABCMouse.com with each girl 4 to 5 days this week Accomplished
- Teach the girls from My Father’s World 4 days this week. Accomplished
- Have Bookworm practice his multiplication math facts on K5 Learning at least 15 minutes every day Accomplished
- Read 50 pages this week Not Accomplished. Time slipped away from me, and I didn’t accomplish this one.
- Watch a movie with my husband Not accomplished. Look for a review on Friday.
- Make at least 3 freezer meals Accomplished
- Have my blog posts written out from Saturday through Friday by Sunday night Not accomplished. I had them written out through Wednesday
- Put up 2 reviews and giveaways this week Accomplished I put up 3 reviews this week.
- Organize the reviews and giveaways I have to do Accomplished!! After having this on my list for weeks, I’m so happy to have accomplished this goal!
- Write 7 staff writing and freelance articles this week Accomplished
This Week’s Goals
Here’s what I plan to accomplish this week:
- Spend two hours listing items around the house to sell. (I plan to keep listing every day until all my items are up.)
- Begin to set up our will and trust. (Last time I tried to do this myself, I was 9 months pregnant and an emotional wreck, so hopefully it will go better this time.)
- Write the blog post about our homeschool area
- Register the kids for some theater performances we plan to watch this year.
- Take the kids to the library at least once this week
- Read at least 3 books to the girls a day
- Do at least 15 minutes of ABCMouse.com with each girl 4 to 5 days this week
- Teach the girls from My Father’s World 5 days this week.
- Have Bookworm practice his multiplication math facts on K5 Learning at least 15 minutes every day
- Read 50 pages this week
- Watch a movie with my husband
- Make at least 3 freezer meals
- Find fun, educational things to do in Boston. (Any suggestions?)
- Have my blog posts written out from Saturday through Wednesday by Sunday night
- Put up 3 reviews and giveaways this week
- Write 7 staff writing and freelance articles this week
Long-Term Work Goals
These are items that I don’t expect to finish completely this week, but I’m listing them here as a reminder to myself and would like to finish them within 3 to 4 months:
- Organize the recipes on my blog
- Finish my blog redesign
- Finish my writer’s website
- Get a newsletter up and running
- Do my accounting books for July and August
- Research new areas where I could freelance. (My income is composed of 3 revenue streams, and over the last 5 months, 2 of those revenue streams have proven to be highly unstable.)
- Update my blog categories
What goals do you hope to accomplish this week?
I shared this post on Money Saving Mom.