Changing habits is hard! I still haven’t gotten into the groove of writing in my journal regularly (or at all!), which is surprising because years ago that was my favorite thing to do. Ah well, there’s this week to try again.
Here’s a recap on last week’s goals and new goals for the week:
Contact another lawyer to see what his fees are for drawing up a will.I decided to look at lawyers near my mom’s house where the cost of living is lower. The lawyer I contacted there quoted a price of $1,000 to $2,100. We’re scheduling an appointment for March when we’re back in town. Meanwhile, we’re meeting with the expensive lawyer here in February. Write down all of our expenditures in You Need a Budget (YNAB).(Review on this coming soon!)
- Have a budget meeting with my husband. Not yet.
- Spend less than $65 for groceries for the week. I went over and spent close to $90. On the positive side, we are still eating from the freezer and clearing it out some.
Take the kids to the library at least once this week.
- Read at least 3 books to the girls a day. I did this for several days, but not every day. A few days were crazy busy.
Do at least 15 minutes of ABCMouse.com with each girl 2 to 3 days this week.
- Spend two hours listing things for sale on Craigslist and Mom Mail. I didn’t list anything for sale, but I spend a good 2 hours cleaning our finished basement and put everything to sell in a pile.
Declutter for 15 to 30 minutes two days this week. Read for 30 minutes every day.I read for about 60 minutes a day, which is why I probably didn’t accomplish more of my goals. Oops. 🙂 Write two journal entries this week.
- Exercise with the kids 3 times this week. We exercised twice this week.
- Put up 2 reviews and/or giveaways this week. I put up one giveaway.
Write 10 staff writing and freelance articles this week.It was a busy writing week. I wrote 17 articles this week. Delete 200 e-mails from my e-mail account.My goal this year is to tame the e-mail monster, but that will take a long time! Have at least 3 of my own blog posts written and scheduled for next week.
And here are my goals for this week:
- Have a budget meeting with my husband.
- Spend less than $65 for groceries for the week.
- Read at least 3 books to the girls a day.
- Do at least 15 minutes of ABCMouse.com with each girl 2 to 3 days this week.
- Spend two hours listing things for sale on Craigslist and Mom Mail.
- Read for 30 minutes every day.
- Write two journal entries this week.
- Exercise with the kids 3 times this week.
- Help the kids write thank you notes for Christmas presents.
- Start a sugar detox program. (I tried this at the beginning of the month but failed, so I’m trying again.)
- Put up 2 reviews and/or giveaways this week.
- Write 10 staff writing and freelance articles this week.
- Update two posts with Pinterest friendly pictures
- Fill out the paperwork to turn my business into an LLC.
- Have at least 3 of my own blog posts written and scheduled for next week.
Do you make weekly goals? If so, what are yours?