Last week, the stomach bug made it’s way through our house. First, Bookworm was sick, though his was very short lived, as it always is. Next, Peanut Butter and Jelly Girl got it, and as usual, she got it much more severely than Bookworm. She was out of commission for 2 days. Then we had 3 days when all was clear, and I thought Cuddle Bug had missed it. Wrong. On the third day she was sick. She recovered, and a day later, Peanut Butter and Jelly Girl was sick again for a day.
Knock on wood, I think the crud is out of here now.
Sick kids derailed my plans a bit, but still I was able to accomplish quite a bit on my list.
Last Week’s Goals
Though everything says not accomplished, many of these were at least half completed. I just need to finish them this week.
- Sell $150 of things around the house–NOT ACCOMPLISHED However, I came very close; I sold $125 worth of things around the house. Yeah for less clutter and cash!
- Weed out the homeschool curriculum I don’t plan to use and sell it–NOT ACCOMPLISHED I weeded it all out. Now, tonight, I have to list it to sell it.
- Settle on a manageable budget and blog about it–NOT ACCOMPLISHED I worked on this, but I still have to find some more corners to cut.
- Have a budget meeting with my husband–NOT ACCOMPLISHED No point in doing this until I finish finding places to cut.
- Write out 3 weeks of lesson plans for history/literature for Bookworm–ACCOMPLISHED
- Spend some time familiarizing myself with Bookworm’s homeschool curriculum–ACCOMPLISHED
- Read at least 3 books to the girls a day–ACCOMPLISHED
- Do at least 15 minutes of ABCMouse.com with each girl 4 to 5 days this week–ACCOMPLISHED
- Take the kids to the park at least twice this week–NOT ACCOMPLISHED We went to the park once, which is amazing considering they were sick a good part of the week.
- Watch a movie with my husband–ACCOMPLISHED I’ll have a review of this on Friday.
- Have my blog posts written out from Saturday through Wednesday by Sunday night–ACCOMPLISHED
- Put up 2 reviews and giveaways this week-–NOT ACCOMPLISHED thanks to the wave of sickness
- Organize the reviews and giveaways I have to do–NOT ACCOMPLISHED
- Write 8 to 15 staff writing and freelance articles this week–ACCOMPLISHED
This Week’s Goals
Here’s what I plan to accomplish this week:
- Sell $100 of things around the house
- Sell the homeschool curriculum I won’t be using
- Settle on a manageable budget and blog about it
- Have a budget meeting with my husband
- Finish the paperwork to roll my IRA from my former employer to my new retirement account
- Call a lawyer about setting up our will and trust
- Research applying for more life insurance
- Finish organizing our homeschool area and blog about it
- Read at least 3 books to the girls a day
- Do at least 15 minutes of ABCMouse.com with each girl 4 to 5 days this week
- Have Bookworm practice his multiplication math facts on K5 Learning at least 15 minutes every day
- Take the kids to the park at least twice this week
- Watch a movie with my husband
- Have my blog posts written out from Saturday through Wednesday by Sunday night
- Put up 2 reviews and giveaways this week
- Organize the reviews and giveaways I have to do
- Write 8 staff writing and freelance articles this week
Long-Term Work Goals
These are items that I don’t expect to finish completely this week, but I’m listing them here as a reminder to myself and would like to finish them within 6 to 8 weeks:
- Organize the recipes on my blog
- Finish my blog redesign
- Finish my writer’s website
- Get a newsletter up and running
- Do my accounting books for July and August
- Research new areas where I could freelance. (My income is composed of 3 revenue streams, and over the last 5 months, 2 of those revenue streams have proven to be highly unstable.)
- Update my blog categories
What goals do you hope to accomplish this week?
I shared this post on Money Saving Mom.