This week Monday, our homeschooling year will begin. I’m excited and overwhelmed at the same time.
However, I’ve taken the advice of seasoned homeschool moms to just show my excitement, and as a result, my kids are really excited to start, too.
Last Week’s Goals
- Sell $100 of things around the house–ACCOMPLISHED I far exceeded this goal; I sold $165 worth of things around the house. Yeah for less clutter and cash!
- Weed out the homeschool curriculum I don’t plan to use and sell it–HALF ACCOMPLISHED I weeded it all out and put some of it up for sale. Thus far I’ve sold a $57 item, though I don’t know how much I will recoup until after eBay fees and shipping fees.
- Settle on a manageable budget and blog about it–NOT ACCOMPLISHED I worked on this and have settled on a budget, but I haven’t had time to blog about it yet.
- Have a budget meeting with my husband–NOT ACCOMPLISHED We will be doing this on Friday.
- Finish the paperwork to roll my IRA from my former employer to my new retirement account–ACCOMPLISHED
- Call a lawyer about setting up our will and trust–NOT ACCOMPLISHED
- Research applying for more life insurance–NOT ACCOMPLISHED
- Finish organizing our homeschool area and blog about it–NOT ACCOMPLISHED School starts tomorrow, and we still don’t have the tidy space I imagined. Hopefully this week.
- Read at least 3 books to the girls a day–ACCOMPLISHED
- Do at least 15 minutes of ABCMouse.com with each girl 4 to 5 days this week–ACCOMPLISHED
- Have Bookworm practice his multiplication math facts on K5 Learning at least 15 minutes every day–ACCOMPLISHED
- Take the kids to the park at least twice this week–ACCOMPLISHED
- Watch a movie with my husband–ACCOMPLISHED I’ll have a review of this on Friday.
- Have my blog posts written out from Saturday through Wednesday by Sunday night–ACCOMPLISHED
- Put up 2 reviews and giveaways this week-–NOT ACCOMPLISHED I got one giveaway up.
- Organize the reviews and giveaways I have to do–NOT ACCOMPLISHED
- Write 8 to 15 staff writing and freelance articles this week–ACCOMPLISHED
This Week’s Goals
Here’s what I plan to accomplish this week:
- Sell $50 of things around the house
- List the homeschool curriculum I won’t be using
- Blog about our budget
- Have a budget meeting with my husband
- Call a lawyer about setting up our will and trust
- Research applying for more life insurance
- Finish organizing our homeschool area and blog about it
- Read at least 3 books to the girls a day
- Do at least 15 minutes of ABCMouse.com with each girl 4 to 5 days this week
- Have Bookworm practice his multiplication math facts on K5 Learning at least 15 minutes every day
- Take the kids to the park at least twice this week
- Watch a movie with my husband
- Register my kids for speech therapy
- Make at least 4 freezer meals
- Have my blog posts written out from Saturday through Wednesday by Sunday night
- Put up 2 reviews and giveaways this week
- Organize the reviews and giveaways I have to do
- Write 10 staff writing and freelance articles this week
Long-Term Work Goals
These are items that I don’t expect to finish completely this week, but I’m listing them here as a reminder to myself and would like to finish them within 6 to 8 weeks:
- Organize the recipes on my blog
- Finish my blog redesign
- Finish my writer’s website
- Get a newsletter up and running
- Do my accounting books for July and August
- Research new areas where I could freelance. (My income is composed of 3 revenue streams, and over the last 5 months, 2 of those revenue streams have proven to be highly unstable.)
- Update my blog categories
What goals do you hope to accomplish this week?
I shared this post on Money Saving Mom.