Last Week’s Goals
Here’s what I wanted to accomplish this week:
- Contact the two lawyers people suggested I work with on our will. Accomplished. One of the lawyers someone recommended was a personal injury attorney, so he was easy to rule out. The other one specializes in wills and trusts. I called and an information packet is headed my way. My big concern is that they said the cheapest will and trust they do is generally $2,500 to $2,800. WOW!! I don’t know where we’ll get the money for that. I did explain our situation, and the lawyer said if most of the work can be done via e-mail and the phone, the price can come down some.If you’ve had your will done, would you mind sharing if this was about the price you paid or if it was less?
- Find a broker for purchasing our second life insurance policy. Not accomplished.
- Balance the budget. Accomplished.
- Have a one week pantry challenge and spend less than $30 for groceries for the week. Not accomplished. The farm where we get our meat was not having another delivery until January 15th, so we had to stock up.
- Take the kids to the library at least once this week. Accomplished.
- Read at least 3 books to the girls a day. Accomplished.
- Do at least 15 minutes of ABCMouse.com with each girl 2 to 3 days this week. Accomplished. They’ve been doing this every day in the morning with daddy and in the evening when I fix dinner.
- Have Bookworm practice his multiplication math facts on K5 Learning at least 15 minutes every day. Not accomplished. We really need to get going on his math facts because his math class is moving on, and he needs to learn multiplication.
- Finish the book I’m reading this week. Accomplished. Look for a book review tomorrow!
- Write two journal entries this week. Not accomplished.
- Mail out Christmas cards. Accomplished.
- Put up 3 reviews and/or giveaways this week. Accomplished.
- Write 5 staff writing and freelance articles this week. Accomplished.
- Delete 200 e-mails from my e-mail account. Accomplished.
- Finish the books for November and send them to the bookkeeper. Not accomplished. I decided to wait and send them in as soon as December is over.
This Week’s Goals
Here’s what I plan to accomplish this week:
This week I plan to take a break from goals and focus on preparing for, and enjoying, Christmas with my family.