I stumbled upon this recipe on Food.com and had fun tinkering with it to make a recipe suitable to our budget and our food intolerances.
The final product was so good, I had to share!
Stuffed Green Bell Pepper Soup
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 4 cups homemade chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced finely
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
-In a large stock pot, place the ground beef and 1/2 cup brown rice. Saute together for 10 to 15 minutes until the beef is browned.
-Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil.
-Cover with a lid and turn down the heat so the soup is simmering.
-Cook for 30 to 40 minutes until the rice is soft.
This meal serves 8.