Years ago, long before I was gluten free and dairy free, I used to LOVE going to Chi Chi’s restaurant to order Seafood Nachos, an appetizer that I always ate as my meal. I was so sad when the restaurant chain closed, but when I discovered a Seafood Nachos appetizer recipe, I was ecstatic! These taste just like the Seafood Nachos I remembered at a fraction of the price.
Of course, we’re gluten and dairy intolerant now, so we haven’t made this recipe for years. However, my mom has no food restrictions, so while I’m in Michigan helping her recover from hip replacement surgery, I thought I’d make these for her. She loved them, and I’m sure you will, too.
My daughters really wanted to try these, so when I get back home, I’m going to search for a way to make these allergen-friendly. I don’t know if it’s possible, but I’ll try!
- 30 baked tortilla chips
- 8 oz. imitation crab shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream reduced fat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise reduced fat
- 2 TBSP onion finely chopped
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange tortilla chips on a baking sheet
- Gently shred the imitation crab with your fingers and add to a large bowl
- Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, and onion to the bowl with the seafood and combine thoroughly.
- Spoon about 1 TBSP seafood mixture onto each nacho chip.
- Sprinkle the prepared nacho chips with cheese and paprika.
- Cook for 6 to 8 minutes until cheese is melted.
For another recipe like this one, be sure to try Seafood Enchiladas!