My word for the year is BALANCE, so I’ve chosen goals that mesh with living a year of BALANCE.
- Take a trip to Michigan this year to see family and friends. This goal is on hold at least until fall as we had unexpected expenses that we need to cover first.
- Spend no more than one hour on social media a day (this includes when I have to use it for work). This is a challenge. I like to relax in the evening by spending time on Facebook. Too much time. It’s cutting into my reading time, so I think it’s time to set a schedule for social media.
- Read 26 books and review them on Mom’s Plans. So far I’ve read and reviewed 9 books, so this goal is 34% complete. In April, I read a few books, but I have not yet reviewed them on the blog, so I won’t include them yet. In March I read The Moon Was My Witness. I also read Thick as Thieves with Bookworm. February I read and reviewed 3 books: Real Moms Making Real Money, at Home in Their Pajamas and How You Can, Too, Have a Little Faith, and Sala’s Gift. In January I read and reviewed 4 books: In My Brother’s Shadow, An Amish Christmas, The Year of Learning Dangerously, and Dream House.
- Exercise 3 days a week. No.
- Finish the Candida Cleanse and be rid of candida! Progressing. I have completed the Candida Cleanse, though I overindulged thanks to Easter, my birthday, and Cuddle Bug’s birthday, so it’s time to do damage control.
- Do something fun with my family two times a month. Yes. In April we went to Sabino Canyon and Tumacacori National Park.
- Have at home date night with my husband twice a month. Yes. Thanks to my mom’s visit, we got to have two date nights out of the house. Woo hoo!
- Read through the entire Little House on the Prairie series with my kids. Progressing. Cuddle Bug and I finished reading Farmer Boy, our first book of the year and then Little House on the Prairie. (We read Little House in the Big Woods late last year.) We’re now almost through On the Banks of Plum Creek.
- Make at least one homemade present for each of my children for Christmas next year. Not yet.
- Clean up my Facebook feed. (I belong to too many groups and am friends with too many people who aren’t friends. Time to clean up and clear out.) Not yet. After I sell off some of my extra curriculum, I plan to drop a number of groups that are no longer relevant.
- Save 3 months’ worth of living expenses. Stalled. We now only have 2 days’ worth of living expenses. We’ve made no more progress and actually regressed because we’re working on paying our unexpected expenses.
- Live off my husband’s income and put my income in savings. No. We are living on my husband’s income, but rather than my money going in savings, it’s all gone to paying unexpected expenses.
Save $750 for travel in case my husband’s family comes to visit this year.Not necessary. We were trying to save money to take my husband’s family to various tourist destinations, but it looks like they won’t be coming this year.
- Spend $500 or less on groceries every 4 weeks (for a yearly total of $6,500) Yes, though I was over quite a bit the last grocery cycle.
- Put aside $3,000 for a replacement minivan. Not yet.
- Reduce my work load to no more than 20 hours a week, (though ideally it would be 15 hours). Yes. I reduced my workload. Now that are endless dental appointments are complete, I’m finally beginning to benefit from the reduced schedule.
- Come up with a work schedule that allows me to get my work done but still have fun with my family. Still working on this.
- Officially set up my business as an LLC. Not yet.
Reapply to Amazon’s affiliate program. (As an Illinois resident, I wasn’t able to be an Amazon affiliate, but as an Arizona resident, I am.)Completed.
- Post to Mom’s Plans at least 4 times a week. Yes, though I think for the summer, I will reduce this to only two or three times a week so I can do some behind the scenes work on the blog.
- Organize my blog. (This includes deleting old/irrelevant posts, making posts more Pinterest friendly, and editing and adding categories.) Not yet.
- Have 2,000 Pinterest followers. (If you’d like to follow Mom’s Plans on Pinterest, I’d appreciate it!) Not yet. I’m up to 1,044 followers now. In the beginning of February, I was at 994 followers.
What goals do you want to achieve this year?