Wow! Am I a bad blogger or what? I can’t believe I haven’t updated my yearly goals in four months! Okay, here it goes.
My word for the year is BALANCE, so I’ve chosen goals that mesh with living a year of BALANCE.
- NOT ACCOMPLISHED. Take a trip to Michigan this year to see family and friends. This will not be accomplished this year.
- NOT ACCOMPLISHED. Spend no more than one hour on social media a day (this includes when I have to use it for work). I’m definitely getting better, but I haven’t worked on this goal in a structured way, i.e. consciously recording how much time I spend on social media.
- ON TARGET. Read 26 books and review them on Mom’s Plans. So far I’ve read and reviewed 18 books, so this goal is 69% complete. Between August and November, I read Undocumented, Captive, and 11/22/63. I’ve also read at least eight young adult books ahead of Bookworm’s literature lessons, but I won’t include them in this list. In July I read The Winter People, Before I Go to Sleep, and The Wild Truth. In June I read Crazy for the Storm, and in May, I read Forever Liesl and The Busy Homeschool Mom’s Guide to Daylight. In April, I read a few books, but I have not yet reviewed them on the blog, so I won’t include them yet. In March I read The Moon Was My Witness. I also read Thick as Thieves with Bookworm. February I read and reviewed 3 books: Real Moms Making Real Money, at Home in Their Pajamas and How You Can, Too, Have a Little Faith, and Sala’s Gift. In January I read and reviewed 4 books: In My Brother’s Shadow, An Amish Christmas, The Year of Learning Dangerously, and Dream House.
- NOT ACCOMPLISHED. Exercise 3 days a week. This year has been a miserable failure as far as exercise is concerned. I’m firmly in middle age now and feeling all of the aches and pains, so this will definitely be a goal for next year!
- ACCOMPLISHED. Finish the Candida Cleanse and be rid of candida! I finished the Candida Cleanse and have been feeling much better. However, short of a blood test, I won’t know positively if I’m rid of the Candida.
- ACCOMPLISHED. Do something fun with my family two times a month. Although we haven’t been spending a lot of money, we’ve been doing fun things together like playing board games, going to parks, etc.
- ACCOMPLISHED. Have at home date night with my husband twice a month. Every night my husband and I spend some time talking and watching a Netflix show together. For now, that will have to suffice as our date night, at least until we get money to pay for a date night. 🙂
- ON TARGET. Read through the entire Little House on the Prairie series with my kids. This goal is 77% completed. Cuddle Bug and I finished reading Farmer Boy, our first book of the year and then Little House on the Prairie, and On the Banks of Plum Creek. (We read Little House in the Big Woods late last year.) We finished By the Shores of Silver Lake in mid-July and The Long Winter in September. (Even though we read it less than a year ago, Cuddle Bug insisted that we read it again). We have about 20 more pages to go until we finish Little Town on the Prairie, so I’m counting it as good. I’m going to have to hustle to finish the last two books by the end of the year, though.
- Make at least one homemade present for each of my children for Christmas next year. I completed one item for Bookworm. I have several to make for Cuddle Bug and PB & J Girl, so I better get busy.
- ACCOMPLISHED. Clean up my Facebook feed. (I belong to too many groups and am friends with too many people who aren’t friends. Time to clean up and clear out.) I left 40 FB groups that I belonged to!!!
- NOT ACCOMPLISHED. Save 3 months’ worth of living expenses. It’s been a rough year financially; there’s no way this one will be accomplished.
- NOT ACCOMPLISHED. Live off my husband’s income and put my income in savings. No. We are living on my husband’s income, but rather than my money going in savings, it’s all gone to paying unexpected expenses.
Save $750 for travel in case my husband’s family comes to visit this year.Not necessary. We were trying to save money to take my husband’s family to various tourist destinations, but they won’t be coming this year.
- NOT ACCOMPLISHED. Spend $500 or less on groceries every 4 weeks (for a yearly total of $6,500) I was doing good with this at first, but by July I had to increase the amount to $600 to $700 a month.
- NOT ACCOMPLISHED. Put aside $3,000 for a replacement minivan. We’ve actually decided to cut costs by buying a Toyota Camry instead. We went to a dealership, and all three kids fit in the back, so that will be our choice. Now, to start saving the money!
- ACCOMPLISHED. Reduce my work load to no more than 20 hours a week, (though ideally it would be 15 hours). I reduced my workload.
- ALWAYS A WORK IN PROGRESS! Come up with a work schedule that allows me to get my work done but still have fun with my family.
- Officially set up my business as an LLC. Not yet.
- ACCOMPLISHED. Reapply to Amazon’s affiliate program. (As an Illinois resident, I wasn’t able to be an Amazon affiliate, but as an Arizona resident, I am.)
- ACCOMPLISHED. Post to Mom’s Plans at least 4 times a week. On average I’m doing this, but I still am irregular–some weeks have 6 or 7 posts, and some weeks only have 2 or 3.
- NOT ACCOMPLISHED. Organize my blog. (This includes deleting old/irrelevant posts, making posts more Pinterest friendly, and editing and adding categories.) Not yet.
- NOT ACCOMPLISHED. Have 2,000 Pinterest followers. (If you’d like to follow Mom’s Plans on Pinterest, I’d appreciate it!) Not yet. I’m up to 1,246 followers now. In the beginning of February, I was at 994 followers.
What goals do you want to achieve this year? How are you doing?
I shared this post on Money Saving Mom.