This post contains affiliate links. The new way I’m structuring my goals seems to be more successful than the old way. I’ll keep at it in the new form for a few more weeks before I decide if this is the way I want to keep things permanently.
I did get a little sidetracked with some of my goals because I started a free subscription with Ancestry.com. Holy moly, it’s easy to go down rabbit holes there! I spent hours adding to the genealogy research I did 17 years ago before I had children.
Here are my goals I want to achieve: week 27 of 52, plus an update on last week’s goals.
An Update for the Last Week
And, here is an update on my goals I want to achieve in 2020: weeks 26 of 52.
My Goals from Last Week
- DONE. Use my planner for 7 days this week.
- DONE. Exercise for 6 days this week. I exercised for a total of 63 minutes.
- DONE. Track and stick to WW’s Green Plan for 7 days this week. I think I’m getting the hang of following the Green Plan. There were even some days when I had rollovers because I was under my daily points. Even better, I lost 1.5 pounds this week, bringing my total weight loss to 6 pounds.
- DONE. Have a dessert just once this week, on Sunday.
- DONE. Eat 8 fruits and vegetables a day.
- DONE. Pray in the morning and night 6 days this week. (I pray every night, but I’ve let the morning prayer habit disappear.)
- Update 5 of my old blog posts. I didn’t do this at all. I blame Ancestry.com.
- DONE. Continue doing Duolingo daily.
- Read 200 pages this week. I only read 165 pages. This was a struggle for me this week. I love reading, but lately, I just have trouble focusing my attention. Hopefully that will turn around soon.
- Start a personal cookbook of the recipes our family loves. Nope, nothing.
I started reading All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.
I’m hoping to come back to the books I was reading last week:
The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See, and
Atomic Habits by James Clear.
My Goals for Next Week
Because I’m currently trying to establish good goals, you will see many of the goals this week are the same as last week.
- Use my planner for 7 days this week.
- Exercise for 6 days this week.
- Track and stick to WW’s Green Plan for 7 days this week. (When I stay stick to, I mean stay within 32 to 36 points a day. )
- Have a dessert just once this week, on Sunday.
- Eat 8 fruits and vegetables a day.
- Pray in the morning and night 6 days this week.
- Update 5 of my old blog posts.
- Continue doing Duolingo daily.
- Finish reading All the Light We Cannot See.
- Start a personal cookbook of the recipes our family loves.
Household Cleaning Goals for the Rest of the Year
List homeschool items for sale on eBay;
Finish cleaning the bathroom closet;
File/shred the excess paperwork I have;
Clean the corner where there is clutter
Clean the piles of clutter;
Sell the homeschool material in the corner;
Clean out my daughter’s closet (Her room used to be the spare room, so she only has about 1/2 her closet available because the rest of the closet has my stuff in it.)
Clean the bathroom closet;
Paint Cuddle Bug’s room;
Paint the living room;
Buy or make new curtains for the dining room