This post contains affiliate links. I’ve been on the wait list forever for Atomic Habits. I finally got it a few days ago and started reading it. I’m only 50 pages in, but I can already tell it will change the way I set goals. So, based on what little I’ve read so far, I’m going to start changing how I present some of my goals to focus more on the process. For me, right now, that means making some things like exercise a habit. Rather than focusing on how much time I want to exercise, I’m going to just focus on the act of exercising and doing it every.single.day even if it’s for 5 minutes. I want it to become ingrained in my routine before I start setting lofty goals about how many minutes I want to achieve.
An Update for the Last Week
And, here is an update on my goals I want to achieve in 2020: weeks 24 of 52.
My Goals from Last Week
- Start using my planner again. I did this for half the week. (I may be home almost every day, all day, but we still have Zoom meetings & appointments, and I need to start keeping a list of things to do regularly again.)
- DONE. Create a new chore chart. (This will be the week it gets done!)
- Exercise for 100 minutes. I exercised for 55 minutes.
- Track and stick to WW’s Purple Plan. I did for half the week, and then I fell off the bandwagon for Father’s Day and one of our children’s birthdays.
- Eat 8 fruits and vegetables a day. Not there yet. I had 6 fruits and veggies a day. (My weight loss has stalled even though I’m sticking to my WW plan, so I’m hoping this helps jump start things.
- Declutter & organize my bathroom closet. Half done. This is a big project as I literally haven’t cleaned this closet in the 6 years we’ve been in our house.
- DONE. Put up a new bookshelf and reorganize our homeschool material and books.
- Redo our budget. I’m shelving this one for now as it’s hard to rework the budget when I don’t know what his salary will be. (There’s a chance my husband will have a pay cut starting in the next few weeks, so I want to alter the budget to reflect that.)
- DONE. Update 5 of my old blog posts.
- DONE. Continue doing Duolingo daily.
- DONE. Continue toward my reading goals. I am still reading The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See.
I am also reading Atomic Habits by James Clear.
My Goals for Next Week
- Use my planner for 5 days this week.
- Exercise for 5 days this week.
- Track and stick to WW’s Purple Plan for 5 days this week.
- Eat 8 fruits and vegetables a day. (My weight loss has stalled even though I’m sticking to my WW plan, so I’m hoping this helps jump start things.
- Declutter & organize the bottom two shelves of my bathroom closet.
- Pray in the morning and night 5 days this week. (I pray every night, but I’ve let the morning prayer habit disappear.)
- Create a rough daily schedule for the girls and myself.
- Update 5 of my old blog posts.
- Continue doing Duolingo daily.
- Continue toward my reading goals.