This post contains affiliate links. Here’s a confession. I’m someone who hates conflict. I feel unnerved every time there’s conflict. I know some people like to jump in the fray, but not me. I just want to run away. Plus, I hate the unknowns. Since March, 2020 seems to be all of the things I don’t like–filled with uncertainty and conflict. So, I am running away, in my own way, by trying to make a nice routine for my kids for their day and finding time for myself to read. That’s my escape.
I got very little done for my goals last week. I think in the wake of all of the turmoil in our world, I need to make micro goals to get anything done.
So, this week, I will be writing daily goals for myself (like I used to before the virus struck). Sure, I’m mostly still stuck at home, and our cases of the virus are climbing now that things are opening up, but I can live a productive life in the house. I just need to shut out some of the noise.
My Goals for Next Week
- Set, write down, and achieve daily goals.
- Set a new schedule for the kids. (We do great until about 2 p.m., but then there’s too much free time and the kids get bored and start fighting.)
- Create a new chore chart.
- Exercise for 45 minutes.
- Track and stick to WW’s Purple Plan
- Declutter & organize the bookshelf on my side of the bed
- Delete at least five groups I’m part of on FB that are irrelevant to me. (I enjoy Facebook, but lately, I feel like there’s just too much noise. Every time I go on, I feel like I’m entering a room full of arguing people, so I’m actively going to work to shut out some of the noise on there.)
- Do a full freezer/pantry inventory
- Set up a method of tracking our food inventory like the one suggested here.
- Continue doing Duolingo daily.
- Continue toward my reading goals.
An Update for the Last Week
And, here is an update on my goals I want to achieve in 2020: weeks 22 of 52.
I don’t want to have a long list of things I didn’t accomplish, so here’s what I did accomplish that’s on my list from last week.
Track on WW Every Day
I was able to do this for the second week in a row, and it feels great. Last week I lost 5 pounds!! I weigh in on Saturday, so I’ll let you know how this week went weight-wise later.
Read 40 Books
I have completed 21 books so far this year, making this goal 52.5% complete.
I started reading The Stationery Shop and only have about 20 pages left to go. This book is a wonderful escape during troubled times.
Do Duolingo Every Day
I did Duolingo every day last week, putting me on a 205 day streak.