This post contains affiliate links. We’re still almost entirely home bound to avoid the virus. My husband goes to work once a week, and I go to the grocery store every two or three weeks. The library hasn’t opened yet but is open for picking up books you’ve placed on hold, so we go there every few weeks. Since cases are skyrocketing in Arizona, I imagine we’ll continue the way we’ve been for quite some time. Now that I’ve accepted this fact and no longer think quarantine is something to endure for a short month or two, I’m trying to get more and more done at home. You’ll see that reflected on my goals.
An Update for the Last Week
And, here is an update on my goals I want to achieve in 2020: weeks 24 of 52.
My Goals from Last Week
- SORT OF. Set, write down, and achieve daily goals. I did this for a few days.
- NOT DONE. Set a new schedule for the kids. (We do great until about 2 p.m., but then there’s too much free time and the kids get bored and start fighting.) My kids have been doing a great job entertaining themselves, so this isn’t necessary right now.
- NOT DONE. Create a new chore chart.
- DONE. Exercise for 60 minutes. I exercised 62 minutes this week.
- DONE. Track and stick to WW’s Purple Plan
- NOT DONE. Declutter & organize my stack of paperwork that literally hasn’t been filed for years. (I wish I was joking!!)
- DONE. Finish the full freezer/pantry inventory. I wrote a post about how to grow and organize your food storage explaining the process.
- DONE. Finish settting up a method of tracking our food inventory like the one suggested here.
- DONE. Continue doing Duolingo daily. I am on a 218 day streak now.
- DONE. Continue toward my reading goals. I finished The Great Alone.
I am now reading The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See.
My Goals for Next Week
- Start using my planner again. (I may be home almost every day, all day, but we still have Zoom meetings & appointments, and I need to start keeping a list of things to do regularly again.)
- Create a new chore chart. (This will be the week it gets done!)
- Exercise for 100 minutes.
- Track and stick to WW’s Purple Plan
- Eat 8 fruits and vegetables a day. (My weight loss has stalled even though I’m sticking to my WW plan, so I’m hoping this helps jump start things.
- Declutter & organize my bathroom closet.
- Put up a new bookshelf and reorganize our homeschool material and books.
- Redo our budget. (There’s a chance my husband will have a pay cut starting in the next few weeks, so I want to alter the budget to reflect that.)
- Update 5 of my old blog posts.
- Continue doing Duolingo daily.
- Continue toward my reading goals.