This post contains affiliate links. I’m struggling, folks. We are one week 6 of school, and I’m feeling myself stretched thin. There are several reasons for this:
- I’m trying to get 7.5 hours of sleep a night and exercise 30 minutes most mornings to protect my heart,
- My husband’s job is getting more demanding. Several weeks now, he’s had to work on Saturday. I usually do almost all of my work on the weekend, so that cuts down my time to work.
- For the first time, we have the girls each in their own curriculum, both of which are literature based, so I’m doing a lot of reading aloud.
- We’ve added some extracurriculars back into our schedule in the last few months like circus and horseback riding.
I’m not sure what to do with the time crunch. I’m still working on figuring that out. But, as you’ve probably noticed, my goals accomplishments each week have been less than stellar. This week has been no different.
Here are my goals for 2021: Week 35 of 52:
What I Accomplished This Week
Read 150 pages this week.
Yes. I read exactly 150 pages this week. I finished Who Gets In and Why, which was 54 pages. Then, I read 96 pages of The Trial and Execution of the Traitor George Washington.
Follow along to Bible in a Year for 5 episodes.
No. I listened twice this week.
Walk 1.3 to 1.4 miles 5 days this week.
No. I did this two times this week.
Do two strength training sessions.
No. I didn’t do any.
Work on SEO for the blog for one to two hours this week.
Brainstorm all of my post topics for my freelance work and the blog for September.
Listen to one healthy living podcast.
Write in my journal two times this week.
Watch the first lesson in Driver’s Ed in a Box and take Bookworm out twice for driving practice.
No. We didn’t watch any lessons, but we did go out driving twice this week. He’s graduated from driving in empty parking lots to driving around our subdivision.
Set up an appointment to tour the local college with Bookworm.
I looked into this, but they’re currently not allowing any prospective students into the buildings. 🙁 I’ll wait a month or two and see if they might change this if COVID cases settle down.
Goals for This Week
Just to avoid more stress, I’m trying to make this simple.
- Read 150 pages this week.
- Follow along to Bible in a Year for 4 episodes.
- Walk 30 minutes a day for four days this week.
- Do two strength training session.
- Complete week 1 of my blog course.
- Clean one pile of clutter in the master bedroom. (We have three piles of clutter.)
- Have a Paleo freezer cooking session for my meals.