This post contains affiliate links. This year, as I mentioned previously, I decided to set my 2024 goals in smaller increments. This allows me the flexibility to change course depending on what’s happening in my life, and it keeps me motivated.
I’m planning on 2024 being the year I eradicate SIBO. I’m so excited to have this gone and be able to eat the foods I want (like apples, pears, and Brussels sprouts) without intense stomach pain. And, if I lose weight as the result of the steps I’m going to follow, all the better, but that isn’t my focus this year. My gut health is.
Between now and February 13th, follow these items:
- Eat three meals a day only–no snacks
- Follow a Low Fodmap, Low Carb diet
- Eat no refined sugar including white, brown, powdered, and coconut sugar
- Exercise for 15 hours
- Meal prep for 4 out of 6 of the upcoming weeks
Personal Development Goals
I’m also planning better work/life balance this year, so these goals will help me find more enjoyment in life:
- Read two or three books
- Learn how to make gluten free sourdough bread
- Listen to Japanese for 600 minutes
- Study Japanese for 300 minutes
- Write in my journal every day (I bought this 5-year journal so I wouldn’t feel so much pressure to write a lot. The point now is to get back into the habit of journal writing.)
We’ve gotten a bit lax on our spending, since we moved, so 2024 is the year to be more aware. I shared my grocery goals earlier, and beyond that, I’m trying to be more mindful of our spending in general. We have some big house projects we’d love to take care of (like cutting down some of the trees on our property) and we have some we NEED to take care of (like replacing our 14-year-old water heater and having money set aside in case our 20-year-old refrigerator gives up the ghost).
- Determine what we want to plant in the garden and start the seeds
- Spend less than $2000 on groceries (This number is a bit high because during the upcoming 6 weeks, we’ll need to pay $307 toward our beef and $500 toward our CSA)
Did you set goals for 2024? If so, I’d love to hear what they are!