This post contains affiliate links. Well, this week was a week, let me tell you. Two nights we didn’t get much sleep, so on the following days, I didn’t get much done. Plus, I’ve gotten behind on grading the kids’ work, so I spent a lot of time grading. In addition, my husband has a grant due and has been writing, and writing, and writing. Busy, productive/non-productive week. Oh, well. The best thing to do when you have a not so great week is just to pick up and keep going, right?
Here are my 2021 goals: week 6 of 52.
Goals for Last Week
Last week, I had several goals:
Read 100 Pages of Hillbilly Elegy.
Did not happen. I knew that setting a goal of reading 250 pages across two books was overly ambitious, which it was.
Read 150 Pages of A Higher Call This Week
Done. This book is really good!
Listen to two healthy lifestyle podcast.
No. I listened to one–episode 6 of Real Weight Loss for Real Women—Troubleshooting When to Start and When to Stop Eating.
Follow along to The Bible in a Year for eight days.
Done. I not only did 8 days, but 9. Now I’m only 2 days behind.
Exercise four days this week.
No. I exercised two times this week.
Spend one hour cleaning and decluttering the garage.
Work on my Ancestry for two hours.
Done. I did this for about 6 to 7 hours this week. Oops. 🙂
Make two more batches of single serve freezer meals for myself.
Yes, but this didn’t turn out like I thought it would.
I did make Paleo Stuffed Pepper soup with the intention of freezing it, but my heart went whacky afterwards, so I’ve decided not to freeze that one and to give it to my family instead. I ended up deciding I’m going back on a low histamine diet to see if that helps with the heart beat skips. Since Stuffed Pepper Soup is filled with high histamine foods, it’s a no go.
I also made a pound of hamburger patties and froze those for myself. (When I’m trying to eat low histamine, I usually have some form of protein and a very generous serving of veggies.
Print off every recipe we liked last week and put them in a binder.
Make an hourly schedule for myself for the weekdays.
No, but I did do better staying off my computer during the daytime.
Help the girls set up the telescope we got & use it one night with them.
Goals for This Week
This week, I’m trying to fine tune my goals and be more specific with them so I get more done:
- Finish reading A Higher Call this week.
- Listen to two healthy lifestyle podcasts–one on Tuesday and one on Thursday.
- Follow along to Read the Bible in a Year for eight episodes.
- Exercise four days this week–Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday
- Spend 30 minutes cleaning and decluttering the garage.
- Work on getting the hard water stains off our bathroom counter.
- Work on my Ancestry for two hours.
- Print off every recipe we liked last week and put them in a family cookbook.
- Make an hourly schedule for myself for the weekdays.
- Help the girls set up the telescope we ordered & use it one night with them.
How are your goals going for 2021?