This post contains affiliate links. Last week, I worked hard on the cabinets. Wow, this is a big project! I think I should be able to finish up next week, and then I’m letting my husband take over by painting our daughter’s ceiling.
Here are my 2021 goals: week 2 of 52.
Goals for Last Week
Last week, I had several goals:
Finish setting up a
new school schedule, chore schedule, snack schedule, and my morning schedule.
I set up a new school and chore schedule, but the latter two are still a work in progress.
Find an app to block social media from my computer during designated hours.
I haven’t pulled the trigger on this yet. I’m looking at the Google Chrome extension, StayFocused. If you’ve used it, I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Finish the bathroom cabinets and take an “after” picture.
I don’t think the white paint on the cupboards matches with the cream countertop, but at least the cabinets look better now than they did before.
Start the kitchen cabinets & get at least the frames coated in four days so our kitchen is unusable for four days only.
Done. Even though our kitchen was only out of commission for four days, we really missed using it!
Listen to one healthy lifestyle podcast.
Last week, I decided the best course of action was to start at the beginning. So, I went to Real Weight Loss for Real Women and listened to Episode 1: The Difference Between Emotional Eating, Binge Eating, and Compulsive Overeating. I discovered that I’m mostly an emotional eater with a little compulsive overeating thrown in.
Follow along to Read the Bible in a Year for four days.
I exceeded my goal and followed along to five episodes. I think I’m going to try to catch up and see if I can actually finish the whole year instead of the half year I set my goal for because I’m really enjoying this.
Exercise three days this week.
Didn’t happen–unless you count sanding and painting cabinets for a few hours a day exercise.
Declutter for one hour.
Did not happen.
Work on my Ancestry for one hour.
Yes, I did this. I had fun discovering that there are pictures on Ancestry.com of my paternal great grandmother and her sisters. I didn’t see a resemblance. 🙂
Read 75 pages in News of the World, which I’m reading for a book club I just joined.
Has anyone read this book? I just can’t get into it!!!
Goals for This Week
This week, I have several goals:
- Finish setting up snack schedule, and my morning schedule.
- Read 10 pages of Atomic Habits a day.
- Finish the kitchen cabinets and take an “after” picture.
- Paint our daughter’s bedroom ceiling.
- Listen to two healthy lifestyle podcasts.
- Follow along to Read the Bible in a Year for seven days.
- Exercise three days this week.
- Declutter for two hours.
- Work on my Ancestry for one hour.
- Complete my bookkeeping for the blog.
- Pick up take out from our favorite gluten free restaurant to celebrate getting the kitchen cabinets done. (The kids helped quite a bit on the project and are really looking forward to this reward. The last time we got take out was in April, and we haven’t set foot in a restaurant in all of 2020.)
How are your goals going for 2021?