I haven’t posted about my goals in a long time. Part of that is because Bookworm started going to school, and while that’s good for him, it’s added extra running onto our already busy days. While before we used to be in the car 1.5 to 2 hours a day, now, most days it’s 2 to 3 hours a day. We were all on survival mode.
Now, Bookworm has finished the school year and is on summer break, so I feel like I have a *little* more breathing room.
Plus, while at church yesterday, our priest gave a very good sermon about the order of charity, and one of his points was how important it is to love ourselves, not in a narcissistic way, but by taking care of ourselves by eating healthy food and exercising, even when we don’t want to. Still, we do it because it is charitable to ourselves and the gift of our bodies God gave us.
That point really hit home.
So, here are my goals for the week:
- Talk to my husband to revamp our evening schedule.
- Read for 30 to 45 minutes each day
- Exercise for a total of 60 minutes this week.
- Stay within my Weight Watchers points range.
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night.
- Clean for 10 minutes a night (beyond my normal, daily cleaning of doing dishes and laundry)
- Pray for 10 minutes every morning.
- Find two new ways to relieve stress besides eating.
I’ll let you know how my jump back on the goals train goes next week.
Do you set goals every week? If so, how do you remain successful even in busy periods of life?