Our income is finally at the median American income level after several years of being far below. My girls will be in preschool in the mornings beginning in early July, which will give me much more time to pursue my freelance writing.
I also like to set ambitious goals because even if I don’t accomplish them, at least I am much further than I would be if I didn’t set such ambitious goals. So, having said all that, here are our 2013 goals:
- Save $3,300 for children to go to Japanese summer school by June 20th.
- Save $7,000 for girls to go to Japanese school in the fall by September 1st.
- Pay off my student loan (current balance is approximately $4,200)
- Reduce our credit card balance to $5,000 (current balance is approximately $12,890)
- Maintain an emergency fund of $3,000
- Complete our wills
- Apply for another life insurance policy
- Make several necessary car repairs (to the tune of $2,000 or so dollars)
- Read 24 books this year.
- Watch 24 movies this year. (My list is coming this Friday!)
- Lose 20% of my current body weight. (This will bring me to my goal weight.)
- Exercise at least 3 times a week.
- Continue to follow my diet and heal my leaky gut (I would love to be all better by the end of 2013, but I’ll have to wait and see.)
- Increase my freelance income by 50% over 2012
- Check e-mail no more than 4 times a day.
- Treat my blog like a business (I blog because I enjoy it, but I do want to get more disciplined about my writing on this blog. I also want to grow the number of visitors who come every month.) To do this, I plan to do some behind the scenes work such as cleaning up old blog posts, making them more Pinterest friendly, replacing bad pictures, and fixing dead links. I also plan to comment more on other blogs and reach out more to other bloggers.
- Stick to a regular blog schedule (to be announced shortly)
Whew, I told you I like to set ambitious goals, but looking at this list, I think I might have been too ambitious this year!