Thankfully this week was much quieter than last week, so I was able to get a lot more accomplished.
Also, some of my freelance work has slowed down because two other writers in my circle are competing to write blog posts for $10 a piece. That is well below my per post rate, so I’m letting them duke it out. Meanwhile, I’m using the extra time to work on this blog and to apply for higher paying writing jobs.
While the cash crunch hurts a bit in the short term, I know that not chasing after low paying jobs and instead focusing on improving my own blog and securing better paying jobs will be best for my financial future.
Last Week’s Goals:
- Spend at least 2 hours gathering things to sell on Craigslist or at a garage sale this summer.–Accomplished
- Put the fall/winter clothes to sell for next year away.–Accomplished.
- Read at least 15 books to my girls this week.–Accomplished.
- Spend at least 15 minutes 5 days this week doing ABCMouse.com with the girls.–Accomplished.
- Walk my son to school at least 3 times this week.–Accomplished. We walked to school 5 days this week. I’m loving the gorgeous spring weather!
- Spend at least 15 minutes one-on-one with my son in the evenings.–Accomplished. We seemed to spend our time walking to school talking, and our evening time together was spent working on his multiplication memorization.
- Put up 3 reviews and giveaways this week–Accomplished.
- Continue tracking how I spend my working time to determine how much I work per week and what my hourly wage is as well as which of my jobs is most profitable.–Accomplished. I think I’ll do this for one more week. So far, it’s proved very interesting.
- File my paperwork for 2013. (Yes, I’ve not filed any paperwork for the first 4 months of the year.)–Not accomplished at all.
- Do at least two educational activities with the girls.–Not accomplished. I picked the activities, but my computer wasn’t able to print.
- Have my blog posts written a week in advance by Sunday.–Not accomplished. They’re written through Wednesday, but I also have a few written for the week after, so I’m happy with my progress.
- Close my books for January and February.–Not accomplished at all.
- Follow up with the vendors I met at the Gluten and Allergen Free Expo.–Not accomplished. I followed up with one, so that kind of counts, right? But there are still more I want to connect with.
This Week’s Goals:
- Spend two more hours in the basement finishing getting everything ready for the garage sale.
- Sell the remaining kids’ outgrown summer clothes on eBay
- List outgrown baby gear on Craigslist
- Put books we’re no longer using on Half.com
- Redeem some Swagbucks for $50 in PayPal cash to put on my student loan. (I so want this debt GONE, GONE, GONE, like yesterday!)
- Redeem some credit card rewards for $50 in gift cards, again to apply to my student loan.
- File my paperwork for April, 2013. (I think I should take it one month at a time.)
- Do at least two educational activities with the girls.
- Take the girls to the park at least twice this week.
- Read 15 books to the girls this week.
- Spend at least 15 minutes one-on-one with my son 4 evenings this week.
- Walk my son to school at least 4 days this week.
- Read at least 100 pages this week. (I stopped reading as frequently as I was earlier in the year, and I found that I had more trouble falling asleep.)
- Have my blog posts written through Wednesday of the upcoming week by Sunday.
- Close my books for January and February.
- Put up 3 reviews and giveaways this week.
- Continue tracking how I spend my working time to determine how much I work per week and what my hourly wage is as well as which of my jobs is most profitable.
- Follow up with the vendors I met at the Gluten and Allergen Free Expo.
I’ll update these every Sunday and post the new goals in the same post. What goals are on your list this week?
I shared this post at Money Saving Mom.