A Fun Meal for Kids or a Halloween Meal

I originally posted this after my daughter’s birthday party last year.  Since I have many new visitors here, I thought I would share this post again as these were great party foods.  My daughter again will have a party near Halloween, so I will share what new treats we come up with after her party.

My daughter’s birthday is just a few days before Halloween, so this year we had her birthday party on Halloween. A few of the food items had a Halloween theme, but I imagine kids would love these recipes any time of the year as it is fun to have food that looks like something.

Remember all of the Crescent rolls I got at Jewel a few weeks ago? I used 5 packages and 40 hot dogs to create these “Crescent Mummy Dogs.” Kids and adults a like liked them. In fact we had a little less than 20 people at the party, but only about 5 hot dogs were left at the end.

For one of the appetizers, I created these Ghoul Fingers. I believe I originally saw the idea while watching a Robin Miller episode on Food Network. All you have to do is put a small amount of ranch dressing on the end of the carrot and attach a sliced almond to that to create a fingernail on the finger. This tray was completely gone by the end of the party.

Comments

1. I love this idea! I wish I saw I saw it sooner! I am going to have some fun with my kids when I try this!

2. Raise Them Up says:

Those fingers are look great! Lol! I bet my boys would love them!

3. TRICIA @ The Zoo says:

Oh my goodness! We eat mummy dogs every Halloween! It's the one night I don't have to plan ahead! Um, except mine don't look that pretty. 😉

4. TRICIA @ The Zoo says:

18. TRICIA @ The Zoo says:

19. TRICIA @ The Zoo says:

20. TRICIA @ The Zoo says:

21. TRICIA @ The Zoo says:

22. TRICIA @ The Zoo says:

23. heartnsoulcooking says:

GREAT!!! treats for the kids.
    Geri

24. How fun! We'll have to plan ahead and try these next year!

25. What a great idea. I want to make the carrot fingers for our party tomorrow night. Thanks!

26. I used to make those every year!

I’ve got a recipe for kitty litter cake on my blog that would make the perfect dessert for this dinner!

mimi