Carrot Pineapple Muffins

This yummy recipe came from Holly Clegg’s new cookbook, Too Hot in The Kitchen—Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age.

Carrot Pineapple Muffins
1/3 cup canola oil
¾ cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup all purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour or all purpose flour
1 ¼ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
1 cup grated carrots

-Preheat oven 350 degrees. Coat a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray

-In mixing bowl, mix together oil and sugar. Gradually add eggs, beating well

-In bowl, combine both flours, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon and add alternately with crushed pineapple to sugar mixture, stirring only until combined. Stir in carrots. Transfer batter to prepared pan.

-Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

I shared this post at Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, $5 Dinners, The Grocery Cart Challenge, Ultimate Recipe Swap.

Comments

1. heartnsoulcooking says:

What a YUMMY!!! muffin, I like making muffins for a fast breakfast when everyone in a hurry trying to get out the door. These would be GREAT!!! and everyone will LIKE!!! them.
    Geri

2. Those look amazing! I can't wait to try these. It sounds like a perfect thing I would be able to eat with my gastroparesis.

Hugs & love,
    Mimi

3. [email protected] 21st Century Housewife says:

These muffins sound really yummy – I love the idea of the carrot and pineapple together.

4. I make carot pineapple cake. This looks delicious! Will have to try this. Thanks for sharing
    ~Dorcas

5. Prairie Story says:

I discovered adding pinapple to muffins about a year ago. It's the best isn't! Keeps them nice and moist! BTW I have a recipe swap on my blog every Thursday – http://prairiestory.blogspot.com/

6. Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet says:

Oooh, these sound delish! 🙂

7. FoodontheTable says:

These look delicious! What a great way to get some veggies & fruit in the morning!

8. Yummy! This is a real keeper! Thanks for sharing!

9. Its A Blog Party says: