Breakfast Sandwiches – OAMC

When I was pregnant for Delaney, I ate way too many Egg McMuffins. After I got tired of those, I switched to Burger King’s Ham, Egg and Cheese Croissanwich. If only I had found this recipe back then, I could have saved a ton of money and eaten a better diet.

Breakfast Sandwiches (OAMC)

24 English muffins, toasted and buttered
2 dozen eggs
24 ham, bacon, Canadian bacon slices or sausage patties
24 slices cheddar cheese

–Scramble eggs in a large skillet. If you want a uniform shape, cook in greased canning rings.
–Assemble sandwiches with one egg, one slice of meat, one slice of cheese.
–Wrap each sandwich individually in plastic wrap, then freeze and place in zip-top bags.

I made these during my freezer cooking bout in May. I read in the comments (I found the recipe in recipezaar.com, now food.com) that one person just mixed all of the eggs in a 9 x 13 pan and baked them and used them in the sanwich to save time. I tried that tip, but the little squares were a bit odd, mostly because the floor in our old apartment building slopes so half the squares were much larger than the other half. I think I will try a different method when I make these again.

And, though the original recipe calls for American cheese, I preferred the batch we made with mozzarella cheese and would only make those kind next time. (They were less greasy.) I used sausage but next time would buy flatter rounds of sausage.

These were the first item eaten up entirely from our May freezer cooking day, and my husband has requested them again for my August freezer cooking day. Yum.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. star84vu says:

I am your newest follower from Keeping company Thursday! Swing by my blog and check it out!

2. blearyblueyedjack says:

How long do you reheat once frozen? And is there any 'sogginess' issue upon reheat? Curious because I have a picky hubby.

3. blearyblueyedjack–hi. I wrapped these in a paper towel and heated in my microwave for 2 to 3 mintues on 80% (depending on the strength of the microwave). There was no sogginess. However, because our sausage was so thick, sometimes that was still cold. I will definitely use thinner sausage next time.

4. Anonymous says:

Hubby doesn't like english muffins, but I bet those new bagel flats or something like that would work great as well.

5. FoodontheTable says:

Yummmm… breakfast sandwiches are so delicious. I am sure they are healthier when you make them at home too.

6. Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet says:

These sound 10 times yummier than McD's egg sandwiches. :D YUM!

7. I sometimes make these too! I like it with the ham or bacon. I've also made turkey & cheese for my hubby.

8. I sometimes make these too! I like it with the ham or bacon. I've also made turkey & cheese for my hubby.

9. These do look good! I've made them fresh – but have never tired to make ahead and freeze. May need to try that soon…

10. Lisa@BlessedwithGrace says:

Wishing I had one of those for MY breakfast this morning. Thanks for the recipe and linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

11. I love these as well. You gave me a lot of good ideas here, like using the greased canning rings, I did not know that tip.

How did you heat them up?

12. Its A Blog Party says:

These sound fantastic!
    Thanks for linking up!
    ~Liz

13. couponcookin says:

I love breakfast sandwiches and English muffins are on sale this week. I think I will have to try them. Thanks for sharing. Please join me this Thursday for my Tasty Traditions meme.

14. Hello! I followed your link over from another blog and wanted to thank you for the inspiration! I have a 4 year old, a 2 year old, and a 6 month old and breakfasts are hard to manage. Add in the fact that my husband has heart disease and we need to keep the meals as healthy as we can not just for the kids but for him too and it really leaves me short on fast and healthy options.
    I made these with my 4 year old today and we used whole grain english muffins, 2% cheddar cheese, turkey bacon, and seasoned egg whites. You can buy healthier versions frozen at the store but they cost an arm and a leg. I made 24 today for only about $14. And my daughter loved that she got to help. We'll definitely be doing this again. And I'll definitely be sticking around to see what other inspiration I can gain from your blog. Thanks again!

15. Stacy–That is great to hear! My 6year old helped me with these too. You might like some of my other recipes for freezer cooking, especially the ones that came from the Holly Clegg Freezer Friendly Meals cookbook. I highly recommend that for healthy freezer cooking!

16. Do you have any tips for storing these using packaging with less waste?