So, considering the time commitment of homeschooling, my goals this upcoming year are a bit less aggressive.
Here’s how I did in February:
- Pay at least $2,000 off the principal of my husband’s student loans. In progress. We paid $248 on principal February and $233 on principal in January. Total we’ve paid $488 in principal, so we’re about 25% of the way there!
- Save $5,000 in a fund for a new car No progress.
- Increase our emergency fund to 3 month’s worth of living expenses. (This is a very aggressive goal that I’m not sure we’ll reach, but I want to stretch with this one.) No progress.
- Complete our wills. COMPLETED.
- Apply for another life insurance policy (This also needs to be done in the early part of the year since it was not accomplished from last year’s goals.) No progress.
- Read 52 books this year. In progress. I’ve read 9 books so far this year.
- Watch 24 movies this year. In progress. We watched one movie in February, The Lovely Bones. I loved the book, but I’m not sure how that translated to film. So far this year, we’ve watched two films (and endless episodes of Law and Order: SVU).
- Give up added sugar permanently. (I’ve finally accepted that I’m like an alcoholic with sugar. I’m a sugaraholic. This year I plan to give it up for good and by doing so, take away the struggle.) In progress. Regrettably, I went back on sugar, but I just got my food intolerance test that also measured my internal yeast overgrowth. Yep, I have a problem with that again, so as of this Thursday, I’m going off sugar again.
- Exercise at least 3 times a week. In progress. Right now, the kids and I are exercising about two times a week, so we need to increase this.
- Continue to follow my Paloe diet and heal my leaky gut (I can’t control when I’ll be all better, but I can control following my diet and getting enough sleep, which will help me heal.) No progress. After months of following a Paleo diet, I caved and started eating gluten free breads and noodles again (not to mention GF goodies). The good news is that I’m still off gluten; the bad news is that I was not Paleo in February. Time to get back into the groove.
- Begin to learn Japanese as Bookworm is studying it. (I took Japanese about 10 years ago, but I remember very little. I’m hoping we’ll be able to meet up with my husband’s family soon, so it’s time to learn again.) In progress. The kids and I are studying Japanese 15 minutes a day every day with an online program I’ll review later. Right now, we’ve learned greetings, how to talk about the weather, and how to ask where someone is from as well as what to say when you meet someone for the first time.
- Add Pinterest friendly pictures to my top 50 blog posts. No progress.
- Fix dead links in old posts No progress.
- Comment on 10 blogs a week In progress.
- Post at least 5 days a week Accomplished. For February, I posted 6 times a week.
- Try at least one new recipe a week and blog about it. In progress. In February I blogged about two new recipes. Now, I have to start doing this weekly.
- Create an editorial calendar each month and follow it. No progress.
I’m making progress on my goals, but I’ll have to step it up if I want to accomplish all of them by the end of 2014!
Did you set goals for 2014? If so, please share in the comments!